In 2012, thousands of progressives and independents registered as Republicans to support Ron Paul and ended up becoming the largest coalition of his campaign. How in the world did that happen??
It all started with a Huffington Post article by today’s guest, Robin Koerner, who challenged people who love peace to become a “Blue Republican,” just for a year — and the rest is history.
But a lot has changed since then, and if we want to get those Blue Republicans and other liberty-curious voters back on our side, we need to understand why we lost them in the first place.
So here’s what you’ll learn in this episode of Leading Liberty:
- What a “Blue Republican” is, what they want, and why it matters
- A 2-word sentence starter to help change hearts and minds in political writing
- What Trump, Ron Paul, and Bernie Sanders have in common that made them so popular
- How we can win back the Ron Paul supporters who defected to Donald Trump
- The most important psychology fundamental we need to understand to be more persuasive communicators
- And lots more!
So on that note, let’s dive into the interview.
Resources in this episode:
Read the Foreword to “If You Can Keep It” (and get a signed copy!)
Follow Robin on Twitter @rkoerner
Any questions, comments, or special requests?
P.S. Did you like this episode?
Help other freedom fighters find the show by leaving Leading Liberty a quick review!
OR Get a shout out on the next show by pledging a dollar or two per episode!
100% of the proceeds support the Leading Liberty production team.