What if so-called “statists” were actually some of our best allies? Believe it or not, my parents worked for the NSA, and up until halfway through Hillsdale College, I assumed I would too. Crazy, right?
Luckily, I took some awesome economic history classes that totally shifted my perspective and landed me at free market think tanks after graduation instead — and now I can have much more constructive conversations with people on the Republican road than I ever could have if I’d been one of those crazy libertarians all along.
This episode, which originally appeared on The Resistance Podcast (shout out to Josh Carter for a really fun & insightful interview!) is the final episode of season 1 of Leading Liberty — so before we dive into the interview, I’ll explain why I’m… in exile for the next 3 weeks (and who will be hosting the show in my place).
So here’s what’s on deck for you in this episode of Leading Liberty:
- How I almost ended up at the NSA (and what ultimately saved me from myself)
- Why I got into online marketing (and the courses and podcasts that helped me figure it out)
- 2 key questions you can ask yourself to overcome “blank page syndrome” at the beginning of any new marketing project
- What other libertarian activists can learn from messaging mistakes I’ve made on previous campaigns
- Where fitness and the military factor into our communication equation
Plus some personal thoughts on the physical, spiritual, and creative influences that have made me a more effective business owner and communicator for liberty — and on that note, let’s dive into the interview!
Resources in this episode:
Want to watch the original live broadcast on YouTube?
Want to help make sure your kids don’t end up at the NSA?
Click here to grab the Tuttle Twins books to teach your kids about liberty (and support Leading Liberty while you’re at it). My 4-year-old and I are loving The Tuttle Twins and the Golden Rule and The Tuttle Twins and the Miraculous Pencil especially!
P.S. Did you like this episode?
Help other freedom fighters find the show by leaving Leading Liberty a quick review!
OR Get a shout out on the next show by pledging a dollar or two per episode!
(100% of the proceeds support the Leading Liberty production team.)